Ambiguous Entity - Can I write a script to force it to choose the first of multiple options?

Hi all,

I have an entity that is a LoV; if the entity receives an utterance that causes it to be ambiguous, I want it to either choose the first ambiguous option OR use the default value (as though the entity didn’t find an option at all). Is there a way to do this?

Hello Stacy,

Could you please check the below post.

This might be helpful for you.

Thank you,
Srujan Madderla
Kore.ai Community Team

Stacy,
I think your only option is to capture the utterance in an entity node (not List of Items) and then use a script node to search for a match in your list of values. Here’s what I tested that didn’t seem to work:

Setting the entity input to ‘optional’ still returned the ambiguous message and didn’t set the default value :roll_eyes:

Changing the ‘Ambiguous Intents’ event handler changes the behavior for intents but doesn’t apply to node values.

I would try creating the list of values as an array and looping through each value to test against the utterance value. If no exact match is found, you could provide a default value.

Hope this helps…

Here is a simple script example that will return a value from a list (an array):

var pickList = [{“title”: “12345”, “value” : “apple”},{“title”: “23456”, “value” : “orange”},{“title”: “34567”, “value” : “grape”},{“title”: “12345”, “value” : “banana”}]
var testValue = “12345”;
for (var i = 0; i< pickList.length; i++){
if (testValue === pickList[i].title){
context.selectedValue = pickList[i].value;
i = pickList.length; //remove this line to select the last matching value in the list
};
}
koreDebugger.log(context.selectedValue);