Smart assist call not getting disconnected after flow ends in kore.ai bot builder

I have flow build in Kore.ai and integrated with smart assist, but call does not end in smart assist after flow ends. It’s waiting for user input.

Hello @sukshettigar :smiley:,

Welcome to Kore Community :clap:

Are you using SmartAssist for Agent transfer, in such case the control will be back to bot once agent call is done. We will need more specifics on the flow logic and implementation.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Hi Sameera,

We have flow built on kore.ai bot builder tool and we integrated that with smart assist. We want to test that flow in smart assist as we are going with voice bot. So for one of our usecase, we don’t have any agent transfer it has to end the call after the flow is completed. So the issue is after the last message received from bot builder the call is not getting ended, it trys to keep listening on user input."

Thank you.

Did you figure out what the issue was?

Hello @eeskildsen @sukshettigar ,

In the flow set up you have mentioned, after the automation is configured, have you set the end call node assuming you are using the latest/V2 smartasssit.

Let us know if this helps! If the issue still persists, please share the flow screenshot for analysis.

Hi @eeskildsen and @sukshettigar - We have fixed this issue in a recent SmartAssist release. Could you please retry your scenario and let us know if you are still facing this issue?

Hi @sameera.tumuluri ,

Thanks for the reply. Here’s how it’s set up…

The bot is supposed to say, “Is there anything else I can help you with?” after successfully finishing a dialog task.

The dialog task for that is called “Is there anything else.” It’s wired to the “End of Conversation” event in BotBuilder.

In SmartAssist, I run the bot using “run automation”. That’s configured to let the bot handle successful fulfillment.

That’s the only way I could get the “End of Conversation” event to fire. If I route to an “End Flow” node instead, the bot never asks, “Is there anything else?”

I also configured the bot’s AudioCodes channel. It’s set to trigger “Is there anything else” when “End of Conversation” fires.

Not sure if that’s needed or not…

Hi @ashish.sankhala,

It’s still not working for me.

The bot stays on the line after the “End of Conversation” event. This happens when “On Success” is “Let the bot handle.”

SmartAssist flow:

My End of Conversation task is just a message now. I simplified it for testing. The task name is TestEndOfConversation.

Dialog task:

A dialog task showing an intent node named TestEndOfConversation, followed by a Message node, followed by an End of Dialog node.

What happens:

1. I call the SmartAssist phone number. :white_check_mark:
  2. “Run Automation” triggers a dialog task. :white_check_mark:
  3. The dialog task is fulfilled successfully. :white_check_mark:
  4. The End of Conversation event fires. :white_check_mark:
  5. The TestEndOfConversation dialog task runs. :white_check_mark:
  6. The bot reads the message. :white_check_mark:
  7. The call doesn’t end. The bot waits on the line indefinitely. :x:

Update

I tried a few workarounds (e.g., an AudioCodes hangup message). Nothing worked. SmartAssist would wait on the line forever after the End of Conversation event.

Finally, I disabled End of Conversation and replaced it with IVR menus. Then I changed “On Success” from “Let the bot handle” to the IVR menu node.

New Design

After SmartAssist calls the bot, it asks, “Is there anything else?” in an IVR menu.

Press 1 if there’s anything else I can help you with on this claim.

Press 2 if you’re finished with this claim.

It works…but now we’re back to traditional IVR.

Ultimately, I’d like to figure out how to do this conversationally, but at least this gets the bot off the ground in the meantime.

1 Like

Hello Kore team.
I am presenting this same problem in V2.2 and there is no way or way that after going to the automation I can return the experience flow or the end of the call is executed.
Do you have any update on this point? or some alternative solution that does not involve displaying the IVR menu node?

Hi all, we are coming close to the end of our SmartAssist project and experiencing similar issues and concerns, except with chat (not IVR). Our use case is that our employees talk to our kore.ai built Chatbot exclusively, and only if they have an issue the bot can’t answer do we want them to speak to a live agent in SmartAssist. This is triggered by a dialog task.

Our bot has been working in prod sucessfully since 2020, but now that we are trying to implement Live Agent Transfer with our published bot I am seeing similar issues . For example, our bot stays on the SmartAssist chat after we close the chat conversation. The conversation logs do not end or close when the chat conversation was closed by the agent.

As well, the NLP from our bot that we built in Botbuilder is no longer coming through the Analyze > NLP insights when we talk to our bot and we do not connect to a live agent.

We will be reaching out to the kore product team for a solution. However , if anyone using SmartAssist for chat (we are not using Voice/IVR) would like to connect so we could share experiences/ workarounds/solutions that have worked for you, that would be appreciated.

Stacy

Hello @StacyJPelletier @eeskildsen ,

Apologies for the delay in our update. We have verified the behavior of end conversation and do not see any issues with with our example usecases.

Let us try to troubleshoot the issue by making the following changes to the flow:

For voice conversation flow, in Automation node - please map the OnSuccess scenario to End Flow. If the control returns from the bot to Smartasssit upon the end of conversation then the call should drop due to end flow. If it does not then that would mean upon end of conversation the control is not back to the experience flow.

Let us know your observation.

@StacyJPelletier - For the chat flow, we would like to understand the scenario in more detail.

our bot stays on the SmartAssist chat after we close the chat conversation.

Please invite koresupport@kore.com to your smartassist domain so that we can take a look at the flows and give us access to the bot so that we can validate this further.

How to intigrate to get call or chat pop up in smart assist

Hi @vangimalla.reddy1 ,

Below are the two ways to integrat.

1. Implementing agent transfer and configuring it for SmartAssist.
  2. Ensuring proper agent setup. Whenever agent transfer is initiated, it should route to the designated agents

Thank you,
Srujan Madderla
Kore.ai Community Team