OpenAI Connector is not working as expected

Hi Team,

I have done the following things to integrate OpenAI with KG for PDF extraction:

1. I have added the OpenAI connector in Action.
  2. Also uploaded 2 PDFs in KG.
  3. Changed the ML Network Type from Standard to Zero-shot Model with OpenAI
  4. Ran few Question through Bot. For some of the questions, Bot is giving the answer from PDF and for some of those, it is trying to get it from OpenAI.
  5. I also added Pre-build template of OpenAI which is Generate Answer. Still it is not working. It is giving Request to OpenAI Timeout error.

Can someone help us on this?

For same question, sometimes it answers from Uploaded pdf and sometimes it went to OpenAI. Is there any way we can fix it or fine tune it?

Hello @praful_dhone ,

We are reviewing this issue internally and will respond with our findings.

Hello @praful_dhone ,

With OpenAI connector with document is implemented, the behavior works like so:

1. When the PDF is uploaded, we process the content and create models (internally with Kore) that represent the pdf content
  2. When a user utterance comes in, we first try to shortlist the right page that contains information related to the user input
  3. The content of the shortlisted page and the user utterance is sent to OpenAI, to extract the right answer from within that page

The message ‘sorry, something went…’ usually happens when OpenAI fails to respond within a given time period. Our team is working to address this scenario.

Hope this clarifies the behavior.

Hi @sameera.tumuluri,

I wanted to know you that we have uploaded one pdf of 78 pages. We tried to test the 26 utterances, out of which 6 are giving answers from the pdf and rest 20 are failing due to Request to OpenAI timed out. Can you please let us know when will it get fixed so that we can test the utterances all over again?

Hello Praful,

Thank you for the clarification. Per recommendation we suggest not use a doc more than 5 MB. If the pdf is 78 pages it should be larger than that. So the upload should fail.

We have created a ticket with our support team on your behalf. Please share the pdf for us to test. We will also validate and share our findings .