How do I over-ride the Knowledge FAQ by Entity?

Hi There,

I have a Entity with Multiple Choices and user is asked to Select one of the following Options:

No VoiceMail
Standard VoiceMail
Visual VoiceMail (iOS Only - Additional Charges may apply)

When the user chooses Standard Voicemail…The Knowledge FAQ is triggered and FAQ answer pops us and the bot goes back to asking the same above question. How do I over-ride the Knowledge FAQ…Kindly let me know. Many Thanks.

Cheers,
Murali

Hi @murali.nagaraj,

This behaviour that you are observing is because of the interruption settings with reference to the Knowledge Graph.

Please set the “interruption bheaviour of FAQs” configurations as below at bot level in Natural language >> Intelligence >> Manage interruptions

As per the current design, our Platform is giving more importance to the bot level default interruption setting for faq for ‘Respond to FAQs and resume back the on-hold task’ , than ‘entity over intent’ or ‘intent over entity’ “Precedence” property at the entity level.

For a scenario such as yours, your utterance will be processed by the NLP system and a FAQ match will be identified. Due to this setting, it will be executed ‘always’. In the cases where your synonym has no match with faq, it will work fine.
For your case [ A typical use case you have is - KG has high/ exact match of the path/ term vs the synonym used in the entity.], we recommend you select ‘Execute the FAQs using Hold & Resume settings’ along with entity over intent setting for the entity.

Given that your setting is

• Interruptions: Allow Interruptions & after completion resume with on-hold task

• Precedence: Intent over Entity

• and in the LoV a Display Name that matches an Intent ML-utterance and/or entry from KG with a reasonable score

If you can select the below resume behaviour, it should prevent the flow going to infinite loop (Though chances are less that this will actually happen but with right setting, it can be corrected).

Let us know if you need any further clarification.

Courtesy : @swagata.sengupta

Regards,
Yoga Ramya