WhatsApp Interactive Messages

Hi,

I’m using Infobip to connect to WhatsApp and I have 2 questions

1. I’d like to send Interactive messages with button for example:

I know I can do it with an API request from Infobip my question is if I need to have a Service node for every message I want to send and call the Infobip API or can I just do something in the Message node to send out such messages?

1. How do I get the users phone number and which channel they are using? Where in the Bot Context could I find it?

Thanks

1 Like

Did you find a solution to the first question?

I also want to send messages with interactive buttons, I know it is possible but I do not know if Kore support doing it from the message node.

Hi @moishe Can you tell me how can we do it with service node in kore.ai.

Thanks

Hi @sai.anathula1 ,

Welcome to Kore.ai Community
Could you pleas elaborate more on your requirement/ use case ?

That would help us to check and update you accordingly.

Thank you,
Srujan Madderla
Kore.ai Community Team

Hi Srujan,

I am currently working on Hotel use case , I am getting Hotel details using service node.
My requirement here is how can I show hotel details with images in WhatsApp channel. I heard that we can achieve this using service node using infobip API. Can you please guide me how can we achieve this.

FYI I am using Infobip for WhatsApp channel.

Hi Sai,

To Use a service node to retrieve hotel information from your preferred source (e.g., database, external API).

Try to prepare a message content by Composing a text message with essential hotel details
(name, address, amenities, etc.).

Extract image URLs from the retrieved hotel data.

To Call Infobip API using a service node:

• Select “HTTP” as the service type.
  • Set the request method to “POST.”
  • Specify the Infobip API endpoint for sending WhatsApp messages (e.g., /whatsapp/1/message/image ).
  • Construct the request body with the following parameters:
    • to : The recipient’s WhatsApp number.
    • messageId : A unique identifier for the message (optional).
    • content : An object containing:
      • mediaUrl : The URL of the hotel image.
      • caption : A caption for the image (optional).

Could you please try testing the above steps and confirm if that helps ?

Thank you,
Srujan Madderla
Kore.ai Community Team

Just for my understanding.
1)We need to call infobip API using service node
2)Using message node we need to customize the response, getting from above service node, and it is advance response with channel type WhatsApp business message. Is it right?
3) do we need to add any authentication for calling infobip API.

Please tell me this is right approach.

Thanks @srujan for the quick response.

Hi Srujan.

I tested the above mentioned steps in postman this is what I get(ref screenshot), and same thing I m trying in Kore using service node it is failing at first point. Is Authentication required to call Infobip API in kore, if yes where we have to add when I am trying to add basic auth it is failing?

Please tell me How can I achieve, respond back ASAP.

FYI… I am attaching screenshot.

Hi Sai,

Please refer to the below post and confirm if this helps

Thank you,
Srujan Madderla
Kore.ai Community Team

Hi Srujan,

Thanks for the Info.

I tried the approach mentioned above, and its working.

One more thing can we use carousel template for Whatsapp.

@sai.anathula1 Please create a separate topic after you explore the infobip and WhatsApp documentation. The channel-specific template information is not maintained by Kore as it may change from third-party end. As long as you use the right template it should work.

Hi @srujan, @swagata,

Thanks for the Info, actually I am trying to send a interactive message to WhatsApp channel and I am able to do that using API call, but here my doubt is how can we make the bot stop at that point and get user input from that particular message and continue the flow, is it possible?, if yes, how can we do that and where the data will be stored?

Thanks.