What is the kore.ai-version of target="_blank"

Hi there

We sometimes have to offer URLs to our external partners or open a pdf which won’t allow our bot to rest open on the then opened site.
Therefore we now use the well known possibility of target="_Blank" to open this link/pdf in a new window.

We are writing all our answers for the message nodes as content variables, so I’m looking for the solution there and maybe also for links in texts of Entity-Prompts.

I seem not to find this possibility anywhere in the pre-asked questions or in the documentation of kore.ai.

Thanks for your help in advance :pray:

@dominik.donze
If you have worked on our web-sdk (used for configuring web channel), links usually open in _blank.
You can check the WebSDK code here.

chatwindow.js
kore-widgets.js

Thanks for your answer.

We have an onprem solution where the links are supposed to open on the same site, where the bot is located. Therefore I’m looking for the possibility to do differently intentionally.

@dominik.donze
There can be 2 options.

1. You replace all _blank in chatwindow.js with _self But you need to have a logic to reload bot chat window automatically again in target page if needed. You may need to do state management through cookies.
  2. By default, (off the shelf web-sdk) provides _blank as said earlier. it will open the link in another tab. Just that.
    Let us know if this helps/ you have any specific questions.
1 Like