Using GetFAQs API

I have come across the Get FAQs public API in the documentation. But i cannot find the Parent ID and KT ID that are given as Query Parameters in the Knowledge Graph. Could you please guide me where to find the ParentID and KT ID for the Knowledge Graph. And how to call the list of FAQs present under a child node?

Hi @thenaveenm,

Apologies for the delay in response.

KT Id and Parent Id are not displayed directly in the bot builder.

You will need to follow the below steps to get the KT Id and Parent Id:

• In the bot, open the dialog tasks section.
  • Click F12 >> opens the console >> Navigate to the “Network” tab.
  • Now, in the bot, go to the Knowledge tasks section >> Open the ontology structure.
  • In the network calls, you can observe the below API call that has the KT id passed as the path parameter.

In the same way, you can find the Parent Id if you have multiple parent and child nodes.

• Click on the node in the Ontology structure.
  • You can observe the FAQS API call. You will find the parent Id in the response.

Let us know if you need any further clarification.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya

1 Like

Hi @yogaramya.mendu,

Thanks for the response. Will the KT ID and Parent ID get changed or these will be constant?.

Can we fetch FAQs under each child node by using Parent ID along with a Child ID.

I want to fetch FAQs available under each Child Node(Term) either from Knowledge Graph or through Intents.

Hi @thenaveenm,

Apologies for the delay in response.

KT ID will only be one per bot. As you will be defining all the FAQ’s under one Ontological structure.

As per our observation, every node acts as a parent node to its FAQs.
If you would like to fetch the FAQs under a node(parent node or a child node in the Ontology structure), you can use the parentId that you would get in the API call when you click on the node:

For example, I have a child node named “childNode1” in the KG and to get the FAQs under that node, I would require the parentId.

Let us know if you need any further clarification on the above.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya