Using Date Entity for past dates

We have a scenario where we use DatePeriod as entity for transaction history, so we should assume that if the user did not specify the year, the bot should assume that it is a previous date.

How can we treat date entity as past dates when the user did not specify the year in the utterance? (e.g. Treat Jan 15 as Jan-15-2020 instead of Jan-15-2021)

Hi @pastapareo,

We have tried replicating the issue at our end.
We have created an entity node with “Dateperiod” type and observed that any past date given is considered with the current year.

Kindly check and let us know if you are still facing the issue. (Please send us the necessary screenshots to understand the issue),

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Hi @yogaramya.mendu
Thanks for the quick reply.
Tried it in a sample project and it works as you said but it seems that it happens when a DatePeriod entity is after a List (enumerated) entity.

I created three samples:
[1] Only Date Period Entity – shows correct date
transactions_corret_1

[2] Date Period Entity followed by Enumerated List Entity – shows correct date
transactions_correct

[3] Enumerated List Entity followed by Date Period Entity – shows 2021
transaction_incorrect

Hi @yogaramya.mendu

Can we follow up on this.

I tried placing the Date Period entity before any other entities on our project and it is not working correctly there. I think because there are other nodes before it. Is there an email address where I can send the screenshots?

Thanks.

Hi @pastapareo,

Are you using bots.kore.ai or have an on-premise set up?

If you are using the cloud (bots.kore.ai) Can you invite koresupport@kore.com on your account from admin console? Then add the same as developer on the bot. Let us know your account name to access it.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya

@yogaramya.mendu

Sorry for the late reply. I’m using bots.kore.ai.
I have invited koresupport@kore.com . The account name is ALICE.

The problem happens in Transaction Enquiry dialog task.

Thanks.

Hi @pastapareo,

We are unable to replicate the issue in a sample bot at our end.
We will check the scenario in your shared bot and will let you know.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Thanks @yogaramya.mendu
Kindly let me know if you have accessed the bot or for any problems.