Switch To Different Dialogue Tasks Specific Node

Hi Kore Community,

I am wonder if it is possible to switch from one dialogue task to a different dialogue task. But when you switch over from the initial dialogue task to the second dialogue task you go directly to a specific node and you don’t start at the beginning of dialogue task 2.

@john.berean,

It is possible to trigger a dialog from within another dialog by mapping to dialog task node.

However, we will not be able to skip to a particular node within the second dialog based on any condition. Dialog execution will start from the intent node and is processed in sequence.

Let us know if you there are any other questions.

1 Like

But a data can be passed into such a called dialog and then a Logic node at the start of the dialog can test for that and transition to whatever is needed.

Note that the Entity Pre-Assignments on the Dialog node can include simple context settings, not just entities, to initialize the context object on the called dialog.

2 Likes

Can you please give one example how we can use logic node or entity pre assignments to trigger particular node from another dialogue task…

I am trying to trigger particular node from another dialogue task on the basis of last message in one dialogue task…and the dialogue task I am trying to connect with have multiple entity node with multiple options. I want my bot understand user utterance and directly provide the message of that particular option from particular entity instead of showing that options again… please help me with this…

Each dialog executes with its own context object, so the pre-assignments section of the dialog instance properties is a way to copy data from the current dialog context to the (future) dialog context, either to an entity or, actually, to any context key (Just click the Add Key/Value link).

If the pre-assignment is to an entity in the dialog, then the value being assigned must be valid for that entity type. The platform does do some “casting” of the value to the correct type, but if the target entity is a List of Items then the pre-assignment value needs to be one of the Values of that list.

Logic nodes are just connections, and the definition of those connections is like any other node. So a connection can check the value of something in the context object and transition to a node in that dialog.