Showing Error Message when user input type is of Hidden in case of Multi Item Look up

Hi @Subrahmanyam,

We are working with Multi item look up value with ‘Is Multi-Item’ set to False. The results are different for different cases, which are :-
Case 1:- When we are setting the user input as ‘Mandatory’, It ask for the exact value we meant.
Case 2:- When we are setting the user input as ‘Hidden’, It show an error message as
‘Error occured: Message could not be resolved’.

Can you please help.

Thanks,
Neha Sheikh

Hi @nehamsheikh,
If the instance property of an entity is set to Hidden, value will be identified only if it present in previous user utterances and user will not be explicitly prompted.

In the dialog you provided, as the entity is configured with instance property at user input as “Hidden” and user input “lookup 1 2” didn’t imply a definitive choice, the entity value is not extracted.

However, when the user input is configured to Mandatory at the instance properties of entity, user should provide a value and based on the user input “lookup 1 2”, platform prompts the user to make a choice.

Request you to please try with the input like “lookup 1” when the entity is set to “Hidden” which will extract the value for the entity.

Incase, multi item is enabled and the entity is of type hidden, an input like “lookup 1,2” will retrieve [1,2] as the entity values

Hi @Subrahmanyam,

What I expect is -
My entity value is not mandatory. So it will be configured as hidden.
I want entity value to be single value. So I will mark Multi Item as false.

In case user enters 2 values for the same entity in utterance, then bot should prompt user to select one of (1 or 2) to map the entity value to.
This behavior of prompting user to select one of the entered values should only be based on “Is Multi Item” value. This should not be dependent on Mandatory check.

Current bot configuration behavior is not as expected. Please suggest if we can achieve this.

Regards,
Neha Sheikh

Hi @Subrahmanyam,

Anything on this?

Regards,
Neha Sheikh

@nehamsheikh As of now, this behavior cannot be achieved with Entity type as Hidden. We would discuss the requirement internally and would include in the future releases based on priority.

Hi @Subrahmanyam and @andy.heydon,

We are having a scenario mentioned below,

An user enters multiple values for the same entity in an utterance(e.g: Total amount debited, Total amount credited, Total amount expend). When ‘MultiItem’ is set to False, the Bot doesn’t prompt the user to choose from multiple value and shows the response to user with out selecting any value.

Is this behavior is as expected? Please suggest if we can achieve to show the response with values to user.

Thanks,
Neha Sheik

@nehamsheikh: Please refer to the below reply: