IVR and BotKit integration options

Is there any IVR channel which will allow the use of an app developed using the BotKit, or is this only possible with Dialog tasks ?

Hello @koreaidemo1 :smiley:,

Welcome to Kore Community :clap:

Your question is not clear. Please clarify the requirement or query with an example so that we can assist you accordingly.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Yes, for clarity. I’ve implemented my server side using the Kore.ai BotKit SDK - GitHub - Koredotcom/BotKit. This works great, and I’ve been able to setup web, SMS and Email channels. Now, I want to setup an IVR channel. I’ve tried this both with Twillio and also the Kore.ai sandbox, but when I connect I just get thee response “a serious system error has occurred”. So, my question is, can I use any IVR channel available via Kore.ai to communicate with my application which has implemented the Kore.ai BotKit SDK.

I do see the request coming in and being handled by my on_user_message method, but my response never gets sent, I just get system error message instead. I see this message in there (related private info, left other for details):

channel: {
channel: ‘ivrVoice’,
type: ‘ivrVoice’,
contextProvider: { requestContext: [Object], state: ‘published’ },
timestamp: 1653580587554,
productName: ‘Bots’,
sendVcf: false,
enable: true,
message: ‘The bot is disabled via IVR. You can still talk to the bot via Web/Mobile Client, Slack, Email, Twilio, Twilio Voice, IVR, Amazon Alexa.’,
activeChannels: ‘Web/Mobile Client,Slack,Email,Twilio,Twilio Voice,IVR,Amazon Alexa.’,
requestContext: { isFulfilled: true, isRejected: false, fulfillmentValue: {} }
}