Is there any convenience or benefit from setting up SSO or Connector on Teams channel?

Hello

I found SSO or Connector setting where I set up bots on Teams channel.

I understand that Kore.ai itself can do that setting in the Admin Console?

Doesn’t setting SSO or Connecor provide convenience or benefit to developers or users?

I’m inquiring because I’m curious.

@minces92

While SSO isn’t directly implemented within Teams channels themselves, you can achieve functionalities similar to SSO at the channel level with various methods such as SSO for tab apps, bots & messaging extensions. You can search for these in the documentations of Microsoft or within the web.

With Kore.AI (us), you can always setup an SSO functionality, which enables easy access to the Kore.ai application using your existing identity provider. With SSO, your users can log on once, for example, to your company account, and when accessing their Kore.ai application, the same login credentials can be used automatically by the system.

To further answer your question where if it helps your dev’s/user’s, yes it surely does on the later part (above).

Let us know if you have any questions!

Regards,
Pruthvi
Kore.AI Team

Hello Pruthvi

I listened to you and tried connecting the connector as a test, but it failed.
Running it with cmd failed, so I tried running it with node app.js, but an error occurred.
The error appears as shown in the capture below and I don’t know what to do anymore.

Please let me know if you know

thank you

@minces92 can you confirm if you are trying to connect as per the former part of my earlier reply? i.e. SSO for tab apps and etc…? or the later part?

Hello Pruthvi

We are currently using the user information of Kore.ai Channel Session and MS Graph API.
If my understanding is correct, if SSO is available, it is possible to retrieve all user information without BA and Service Node, right?
As for the SSO connection issue, I thought I would have to ask the customer’s opinion before proceeding, so I put it on hold for now. SSO also has SSO in Kore.ai SSO and Teams app, so additional research seems to be needed on that.

Since there was no answer about the Connector in the answer you gave, I asked the question after trying to connect the Kore.ai Connector to my computer to use the API of the system equipped on the internal network using the Connector in the Kore.ai Admin Console.

Sorry if this was an inappropriate question.