Information about knowledge functionalities

Hi, I would like to know if someone could help me understand the functionalities of the intent precondition and context output options found in Knowledge

Hello @gustavo.paredes,

Welcome to Kore.ai Community.
Please refer to the below documentation for your query.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Srujan Madderla
Kore.ai Community Team

Hello @srujan.madderla ,

Thanks for your reply.
I have read the attached documentation, what I would need is an example applied to the Kore.IA platform for a greater understanding of that functionality and thus be able to implement it.

Kind regards,
Gustavo Paredes

Gustavo,
The intent precondition and context output are powerful tools for controlling who can access a dialog flow and when. I can’t begin to explain all the possible scenarios, but I recently was asked to provide access level controls for students and teachers using the same bot. The initial greeting asked “are you a student or a teacher?” and then went through the authentication process. After authentication, I sent the teachers to different welcome dialog flow than the students. In that flow, I had entered “teacher” into the context output . For each dialog flow reserved for teachers only, I had entered “teacher” into the intent precondition. If a student entered an utterance that matched the teacher’s dialog flow intent, the platform would not recognize that intent. The combination of these settings made the teacher-only intents ‘invisible’ to the students.
Hope that helps. Good luck!