Implicit Intent recognition

Hello everyone!

My use case is the follow:

I have a main dialog named: “operationSupport” and when the users start the Bot I have set up a OnConnect to call this task: “operationSupport”.

This workflow manages all 4 tasks below:

Then, a have an entity named: “welcomeMessage” whch display some options to users select:

• Installation
  • Activation
  • Refund
  • Other

The further transitions will happen depending on the user selection… This use case works properly.

However, my concern here is about the NLP training because I cannot train the fundamental meaning properly because my main intent (explicit intent) is “operationSupport” therefore my 4 “intents” (implicit intents) are Installation | Activation | Refund | Other…
For example:

Also, another issue is that I am not able to apply synonyms to the implicit intents (Ex. Installation = Install)…
Is there any workaround to train the Bot to recognize the implicit intents (Installation | Activation | Refund | Other) instead of the explicit intent “operationSupport”?
My idea is to create only the dialog task (hidden) for all 4 implicit intents and within them to call as a Dialog Task the explicit intent “operationSupport”. Do you think it should work?

Thanks.

Hi @henry.correia,

We have analysed the issue.

We will drop our analysis with screenshots soon.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Hello @yogaramya.mendu,
Thank you very much!

I will be waiting for that!

Regards,
Henry

Hi @henry.correia,

We appreciate your analysis on the issue.

Please find the below implementation steps to achieve the requirement:

1- Create a Dialog task “Operation support”.
2- Add an Entity node “Welcome message” which displays the four options to the user and waits for an input.

3- Create individual dialog tasks for each option like Installation, Activation, Refund and Other.

4- In the OperationSupport Dialog task, for the WelcomeMessage Entity node, add multiple transitions as below:

And now on the onConnect event, initiate the “operationSupport” task.

This way, the bot will be able to recognize the individual tasks with the user utterances.

Kindly check and let us know if you need any further clarification with the above implementation.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

1 Like

Hello @yogaramya.mendu,

First of all, thank you very much for sending such detailed step by step. Really helpful!!!
I have applied it to my use case and it works, because, now the fundamental meaning appears correctly. I believe the ideal result would be:

Machine Learning = Installation
Fundamental Meaning = Installation

However, due to the fact that I have trained the Bot previously (probably wrongly), in some situations I get “Multiple intents are identified” as you can see above.

Is there any way to avoid it? Or maybe re-start the training from the beginning?

I have deleted all utterances associated to “operationSupport” and re-trained the Bot:

And the first image shows you the multiple intent matched.

Thank you once again for your help!

Hi @henry.correia,

We have sent you the sample bot zip with the same working model through a support ticket.
Kindly import the bot and verify the use-case.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Hello @yogaramya.mendu,

Thank you very much for your support!
I am doing the tests and I will provide you with a feedback within the support ticket.
Regards,
Henry

Hi @henry.correia

Sure, thank you.

Let us know if you have any further issues/queries.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.