I want to know how to send a Welcome Message in MS Teams

I want to know how to send a Welcome Message in MS Teams

Since the Welcome Event cannot be executed, there are many things that need to be set separately.

It doesn’t seem to be visible in the Events settings. Where can I check it?

If I have an additional question, it seems that the web/sdk templates are not applied properly in MS Teams.
can i know what to do?

1 Like

Hi there,

Re: the MS Teams templates - you can’t use the Web/SDK templates for MS Teams (i.e. rendering menus, images etc). You will need to create a separate MS Teams message using adaptive cards template. Let me know what you’re trying to render and I’ll see if we’ve used a similar tempalte.

For your question re: MS Teams welcome event - I would like to see Kore.ai add this as an enhancement to the platform . We we are not able to execute a welcome message because there is no Event Setting for MS Teams for ‘on connect’.

The only way we’ve been able to do this is via SmartAssist Experience Flow(since we have a SmartAssist bot). However there are still limitations to this. For example, we had to create a custom botkit script so that the Welcome Dialog doesn’t run every time someone sends a message and it’s not simple to maintain.