I want to clear all the inputs given by user and start fresh

I asked user whether he/she wants to do the same task for other ID’s but when I am going back. The first entity value is taken again from the previous user input so how can I remove whatever user entered previously.

I have undefined the entity before going back as well still this issue is coming.

Hi @amit.singh.nayal, I will need a snapshot of your configuration to check the issue you are facing. Below are some questions I have on the issue:

1. Are you invoking the same dialog as an other dialog/ subintent when you confirmed he would like to execute the task again with an other user input?

2. With regards to task execution, is the utterance passed by user an utterance trained at ML with entity tagging / patterns configured at NL ? If yes, at the entity instance properties, what is entity extraction option chosen (By default, it would be evaluate un-used text from previous utterances)

To achieve your usecase, I have built a similar configuration without dialog invocation and by deleting the entity value to re-rerun a part of dialog config. It seems to be working fine. Please check below snips for more details:

1. Yes it is ML with entity tagging. User is giving direct values for both two entities mentioned above.

Hi @amit.singh.nayal,

Thank you for the details.
We are checking this and will update the dialog flow asap.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Hi @amit.singh.nayal,

We have checked with a sample use-case of adding an employee with a bot task.
CASE 1: When NER tagging in ML training is not used.
Using the script node in between the confirmation node and the entity node for emptying the multiple entity values is working as expected.
Hence, when the user says yes for entering a new record or details again, no entity value is retained.

CASE 2: When NER tagging is used and enabled.
When the script node is configured and user has entered multiple entity values in a single utterance, then the script node is able to clear only the first entity value. The second entity value is still retained.

enitity

Hence, we suggest you to make two instances of the entity component instead of using the same entity while retrying.

Kindly let us know if you need any further clarification on the above.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Thanks it worked :slight_smile: I made a copy of all the entity I was using .