How to provide customized websdk embedded code to customer.

Hello experts,

I have created a bot, publish it by enabling Web/Mobile client channel and used the embedded code to my external index.html file, the bot is running as expected, no issue.

Now, I have downloaded the WebSDK zip file from the kore platform and done all required configuration in kore-config.js and customized some functionalities and UI changes in chatwindow.js file.

Can you please brief that how can I server my customized WebSDK changes to my external index.hmtl file using embedded code ?

Thanks in advanced.

Hello Aloknath,

Welcome to Kore.ai Community.

To serve your customized WebSDK changes to your external index.html file using the embedded code, follow these steps:

Host the WebSDK:

• After making your customizations in the WebSDK (e.g., in kore-config.js and chatwindow.js), you need to host the entire WebSDK folder on a server.
    This can be done using any web server like Apache, Nginx, or even a local server like Node.js.

Then Update the Embedded Code:

• Once hosted, note the URL where the WebSDK is accessible.
  • Replace the default embedded script in your index.html file with the script that points to your hosted WebSDK. For example:
    <script src="https://yourserver.com/path-to-websdk/sdk.min.js"></script>

• Ensure that the kore-config.js is also accessible from this server, and the paths to resources in the WebSDK are correct.

Then Test the Integration:

• After updating the embedded code, test your index.html file by opening it in a browser. The bot should now reflect the customizations made in your hosted WebSDK.

Then Deployment:

• Deploy your index.html file on your server, and make sure it’s pointing to the correct URL of your customized WebSDK.

By hosting the WebSDK yourself and linking to it in your embedded code, you can ensure that all your customizations are served to users when they interact with the bot on your web page.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Srujan Madderla
Kore.ai Community Team