How to navigate another Intent Node using hyperlink click in kore ai

Hi all,

How can we make understand the Chatbot to navigate to another Intent Node based upon the hyperlink click in kore ai,

E,g: Thanks for verifying your identity. Here are the services which i can offer for you,
a)Download Bank Statement
b)Check Bank Account Balance
c)Customer Profile Update
d)Check Loan Request Status

Let assume the above offering services are Hyperlink. Based upon the selection of services (Hyperlink) how to target activate the targeted respective Intent Node for collection of Details,

If Check Loan Request Status is selected then, Chatbot Should activate the Intent Create for Check Loan Request Status which would be asking for only Account Number

Thanks in advance,
Jayavignesh G

The key thing to understand with the Kore Platform is that everything is conversation, everything that serves as input to the NLP engine is plain text, and what happens with that text utterance depends on the intent and entity training within the bot.

What that also means, particularly for software developers used to “traditional” techniques, is that there is no direct invocation of functions or processing. Even if the bot is displaying a list of choices and there is payload associated with clicking each on of those choices, then all that payload is doing is serving as a shortcut to the user typing those same characters. As far as the NL engine is concerned it just sees text and has no idea if it was typed, spoken, tapped, or clicked.

The corollary to having a UI list of options in a conversational bot is that the user is not bound to clicking any one of them. They could just as easily type something, either something completely different or a rephrasing of an option - “I want to check my request for a loan”. Remember they could be in a hands-free situation where they are using their device’s dictation mode.

A useful approach is to imagine the conversation between two humans. One of them could well say “… Here are the services I can offer …”. What would the other human say? They would not say “anchor tag href equals …”

So what is the Kore approach?

• Every primary intent has some form of training, be that Machine Learning or patterns. That training represents what you think a person might say for each intent. On every utterance the intent identification process will determine the best matching intent and start the associated dialog task.

• If you are presenting a list of choices, which is typical in welcome dialogs, then the payload for each option should generate a match from something in the training.

It is important to remember that while a bot can guide and suggest, it ultimately is not in control, it is the human that is driving the conversation and the bot is just reacting.

Thanks for that @andy.heydon. So, which means navigation/call from one intent to another intent based upon click (hyperlinks) not possible in Kore AI using Jscript/Service Node or any pre-built services ?

Thanks in advance,
Jayavignesh G

It is all about conversation, the Kore Platform is not like a traditional UI builder and so it is a mindset change.

Now the payload from a choice option can be a very specific phrase that is used explicitly in training to match a specific intent. But as I mentioned before, the user is in control, they do not have to click one of those options and they could type something completely different. Therefore the bot needs to be able to react to whatever the user does.

Building a conversational bot solely around hyperlinks will be very limited and will struggle when a person goes off-script, as they most surely will.

It is possible for a node in a dialog flow to explicitly connect to another dialog task. So in response to what ever happens in a task, you can invoke another one. It is just that the invocation is under the bot developer’s control and is not directly connected to a user action or some UI widget.