How to integrate with google hangouts

I’m trying to integrate the Hangout Chat Bot with the Kore Ai dialog flow, is that possible ?
If so, any ideas how can i do it ?

Thanks in advance.

@jorge.delgado I am afraid, if I understood your request completely. Are you asking if Kore.ai platform integrates with Google hangouts channel?If yes, then No; we currently do not support google hangouts as a channel. That said, we do have google assistant as a channel.
https://developer.kore.ai/docs/bots/bot-builder/adding-channels-to-your-bot/adding-google-assistant-channel/

That said, google hangouts channel support is in our roadmap.

Thanks
Swathi

Yes, that was the question. But there is someway that i can do it manually ?

Thanks

I am afraid, if there is any way to configure it. As mentioned earlier, it is in our roadmap and will be available in future.

Thanks
Swathi

Hi swathi, I’m working on hangouts integration with @jorge.delgado.

I’m having some trouble with JWT authentication. I followed the tutorial (https://developer.kore.ai/docs/bots/kore-web-sdk/kore-ai-web-sdk-tutorial/) in kore ai documentation but even inserting the correct information on index.html (like botOptions.clientId, botOptions.botInfo, clientSecret) I was unable to access the api to get the information.

I’ll post my sample index.html here (I don’t care about credentials… it)

@guilherme.carvalho Let us try it out at our end as well. But, I am not sure it it works as expected, as mentioned earlier. Please do share the details to swathi dot vadlamani at kore dot com and we will get back to you at the earliest.

Thanks
Swathi

Well, I don’t know how to share my index.html file with you through the kore dot com. How can I do it? I’m hosting the files and redirecting the bot to my callback url?

nevermind. I’ll send you the file.

@guilherme.carvalho I received the file. Thanks!

Hi @guilherme.carvalho We went through the index.html you have shared with us. Looks like you are building a bot for google hangouts using our web sdk channel. This is not same as hosting bot on google hangouts. Anyways, we observe that you haven’t provided JWT endpoint that generates the authorised JWT token . You have given as follows “url: botOptions.koreAPIUrl + “users/sts”,” , which is incorrect. Provide the correct JWT endpoint. Please go through the below article as well

Thanks
Swathi

Hi @swathi.vadlamani. I abandoned the attempt to build the integration using the file that I shared with you. I built a node.js code using my computer as an intermediate to do the communication (callback URL still using the webChannel). But anyway I’ll try to make my html file work according the link that you sent. Probably I’ll have other issues to solve after give a try on the method that you gave by the link. So, if it happens, I post more details here.

Snapshot of Hangouts chat working:
Untitled

Thank You Swathi!

1 Like

Wow…thats awesome @guilherme.carvalho. More to hear from you!

Can we show a html code in our chat window through any template on web ?

Hi @sagar.bhatnagar,

Currently, there is no template in the bot builder to display html code in the chat window.
You may take a snapshot of the html code and display that picture in the chat window or even show a link to the code on git or cloud for accessing it.

Kindly let us know if you need any further clarification on the above.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.