How to clone task and make changes in cloned task without hampering changes in original task

Hi Team,

I am able to clone the task, but not able to make changes in the cloned task. If I make any changes in clone task, that get reflected in original task which I don’t want. Kindly suggest.

Hi @praful_dhone,

Ideally, the changes that are made in the cloned task will not be reflected in the parent/Original task.

We have verified the same scenario at our end and observing no issue in the behavior.

Kindly re-check and let us know the replication steps with screenshots.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya

This is working from my side too. I have to delete the nodes which I don’t want in clone task and recreate one which I want. I was overriding the same node and expecting it will only change for that task. But it was also affecting the parent task. Hence this ask.

Hi @praful_dhone,

Yes, as per your analysis, overriding the same node that is cloned will affect the respective node that is in the parent task.

When we clone a task, the created child task will have the component, instance, NL, IVR, and connection properties same as the parent task ie., the node(component) will be the same in both parent and child. Hence, the observed behavior.

However, the clone effect will not be there if you add any new nodes in the child task.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya