How do I enable Traits?

When I click on “Create New” Traits and add a Trait Type and a Trait and click on Save, I keep getting an error message that I have to add at least one Trait…is there a way to enable this feature or am I doing something incorrectly?

@lawrence_gianneschi
Can you please provide some more specifics or steps, screenshots? Are you trying on a new bot or some bot on which you have been working for quite sometime?
Here is what I see while creating new trait.

I am trying to create a Trait in a new bot I started working on today. And, this is actually my first bot ever. Here is what I see when trying to create a Trait:

@lawrence_gianneschi
After you enter a trait type followed by a value for ‘Traits’, hit enter. Then click Save.

Have a look at the error message:

Hi @lawrence_gianneschi,

Trait Type is the group name of the Traits that you are going to add.
After defining the trait type, the platform will be able to save the Trait group only if it has at least one Trait added under it.

To add Traits, add a trait word and press the enter key >> then click on Save.

The Trait words will get added only on pressing the enter key.
You are observing the error because the word “issue” has not yet been added.

Kindly hit enter after entering the word “Issue” and click on save.

Let us know if you need any further clarification.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Now that I know how to create a Trait how do I Train the bot? For example, the full question is: “Can I use Puffery (make sure the language used doesn’t require support) in all digital content?” If someone just types “Puffery”, I want the bot to say, "Did you mean? Can I use Puffery (make sure the language used doesn’t require support) in all digital content? "

Thanks.

Just clicked on ENTER…wow…that is all it took…not a very intuitive interface.

Now that I know how to create a Trait how do I Train the bot? For example, the full question is: “Can I use Puffery (make sure the language used doesn’t require support) in all digital content?” If someone just types “Puffery”, I want the bot to say, "Did you mean? Can I use Puffery (make sure the language used doesn’t require support) in all digital content? "

Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi @lawrence_gianneschi,

Your query has been answered in the below post, kindly follow:

Regards,
Yoga Ramya