How can I train a greeting intent?

I want my end user to be able to type, “What can you do?” and have the option menu appear, just like if they write “help”. Right now it is picking up one of my task intents. Is there a way to point it to the menu greeting instead?

@kelly.nk.katrina You could have a main menu dialog in your bot (Hidden) and then have the tasks list presented to the user in a template at a message node. You could further configure the template to send the payload as the user selected task name to the bot. Add “What can you do?” as an utterance to the main menu task and train the utterance. Now, if user passes the utterance, the main menu task will be picked and executed.

Based on the your question, I understand that the "What can you do? " is actually identifying an intent and executing it. We will need to look at NL analysis info to debug your issue (the intent name of identified dialog, the utterances added at the dialog and so on).

Hi @Subrahmanyam,

Thank you for your reply. How do I send a template of the tasks list through the message node? I see that in the standard responses, it is written as

Here are the tasks I can perform for you. <list-of-tasks>

but this doesn’t work for me if I put it in my message response.

Thanks for your help.

@kelly.nk.katrina, the tag is only supported at a few conditions under standard responses and is not supported at messages nodes of dialog or other places where messages can be configured.

We are working on providing a few functions like getAllTasks() which would returns all the list of tasks as an array and can be used directly used at any node where js can be written. These functions will be made available sometime soon in the future releases.

For now, apply a channel specific override message template as follows: