Entity Pattern - How patterns work? How to add multiple words in a pattern for entity?

Hi @Subrahmanyam,

I need to identify one particular value based on pattern.
If utterance contains “detailed summary” then whatever is added after this word should be mapped to my entity.

Right now pattern supports to add only single word with *.
In documentation also, how exactly patterns work is not given.

Can you please help?

@nehamsheikh I have used a list of items entity type and added a pattern. I haven’t come across any such restriction to extract single word from a pattern.

Please refer to below snip

Could you please provide snapshots of your dialog configuration and also the entity patterns you added so as to debug further?

1 Like

The asterisk in an entity pattern represents where the platform should look for the field value if the rest of the pattern matches the utterance.

From those words, the entity will actually only consume those words that are appropriate for the type of entity. So for example, if on a Number type entity there is a pattern “for * people” and the user says “for about 10 people” then the entity is only assigned the value 10. The word “about” is considered superfluous even though it would have been part of the pattern represented by the asterisk.

1 Like