End of Conversation loop

Good morning,

I try to explain my problem to you.
I have activated a task on the “End of Conversation” event. This task does several processes and then ends with a message. Once this task ends, the End of Conversation event is triggered again and then the same task is triggered again, thus creating a loop.
Is there any way to avoid this behavior?

Thank you

Hi all,

any news on this problem?

Thank you.

@lbellanova
Which version of the platform are you using? Are you using https://bots.kore.ai/botbuilder to access the platform? In general, I am unable to replicate the issue so we may need to access your bot. If you are using bots.kore.ai (our SaaS) please add koresupport@kore.com to your account and add this id on the bot as a developer if you are OK with it.

Hi @swagata.sengupta,

Thanks for answering me.
Unfortunately I cannot invite you to the project because I am using a private instance inside an intranet.
I was able to find a workaround.

This problem occurs when inside a task (X) I create a DIALOG TASK by calling a secondary task (Y); in this case the End of Conversation is triggered and this infinite loop is created (since I have an event on the End that triggers the first task (X)).

My workaround was the following: instead of creating a DIALOG task within the first task (X), I directly recreate the entire secondary task (Y) within my first task (X); in this case the END event is not triggered.

Could you verify this situation and understand if it is a bug of the product in general?

Thank you very much.

@lbellanova

I have a task ‘start’ as an independent task. I have a task called endOfConvTask. There is a task task_y which is being called from endOfConvTask.

Scenario 1: When task_y is called with transition option - come back to this node after completing task_y

Output

Scenario 2: When task_y is called with the transition option - End current task and Initiate task_y

In both scenarios, I am unable to replicate any looping. Is it possible for you to export the bot, rename the JSON as .txt and send the zip to koresupport@kore.com? We would like to investigate the issue because this can lead to a big problem on our platform.

Regarding the version of the Kore.ai platform I enquired about, I did not quite understand the response.
When you click on help right when you are on the landing page, what do you see?

Hi @swagata.sengupta,

Thank you very much for your work.
We are currently using version 9.1.5 of the platform. We are awaiting its update.
If the problem is not resolved with the update, then I will do as you requested.

Thank you