Default intents

Hi Team ,

This question is related with default intents. For example i have configured bot with certain dialog tasks which can handle particular queries ( Like create ticket, get ticket status etc) . If i type a utterance which the bot is unable to do it gives me a standard response like " I am unable to find an answer. Please select from the below list of tasks" .

The Task which i am trying to achieve below is :

My bot should not give standard response, instead what i am trying to do is call the find intent API , and get the possible list of matches for the utterance the user typed. How can we overcome the standard response and do this ?

Please assist.

Regards
Arul

@arulvelug
Under Natural Language> Default Conversation, you should the option to send the standard response or trigger an intent in case the user intent is not identified based on the utterance provided.

You could possibly configure a hidden dialog with the use case you had in mind and then set the dialog as the default dialog.

@arulvelug, As an FYI, Developer could also manage the thresholds of Fundamental meaning, Knowledge collection and Machine Learning engines at Natural Language> Training > Thresholds and Configurations. Please have a look at them as well.

@Subrahmanyam

Thanks for the Prompt reply. It was really helpful. One more question which we have is , based on the user utterance we are calling the find intent API . The problem here is sometime for the utterance we are getting ML possible values and Sometimes FM possible values as the best match. So in order to provide best match for the user utterance , we are little confused with which value we need to choose. Could you please assist.

The possible matches will be displayed based on the training data the bot had against each of these engines.

The intention here is to only list the tasks as suggestions to the user. So, maybe you could rely on both. If in case both engines return results, and they have a few intents which are common and a few different, try to list the unique tasks.