Conversation Summary API

Hi Team,
I am trying to make summary of the conversation using Conversation Summary API (https://developer.kore.ai/docs/bots/api-guide/conversation-details-summary-api/) using this reference. In Service node I can be able to test by passing parameters but if i am trying to fetch automatically by binding sessionId it is throwing an error. Please correct if I am wrong in any place.

Service:

Here at Test Request I can able to get summary.

But when i try to get from response through flow I am facing an error:
My script:

In this message node I am trying to bind using {{context.responsebody}}

But,

Please someone correct me where I am wrong?

I believe your context variable is incorrect.

try this:
“conversationId” : “{{context.session.BotUserSession.conversationSessionId}}”

Hope that works…

1 Like

@john.nicholson Yes it worked. Thanks.
But I have another one doubt. How to take transcript to pass .

Like this . I need to transcript for particular session. Could you please help me on that

You can summarize any transcription text that you can bring into a dialog flow. How you bring it into a flow depends on where the text is stored. I have created a mock server in postman that you can use to test (but you should create your own). It will return an array and looks like this:

Here is the URL for the server : https://e1f1823e-f007-4d09-b1ad-da5293540786.mock.pstmn.io/api/activity

In botbuilder, I created this flow:

Here is the post-processor code: context.transcriptText = context.GetTranscriptText.response.body[0].transcript;

NOTE: you need to provide the auth token and stream ID for your Kore bot.

I displayed the summary in a message node

The output should look like this:

Good luck…let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Hi @john.nicholson thanks for your information. This approach is fine but how can filter that transcript content . Summarized transcript content you are accessing from mock server that I understood . But, my question is how to summarize the transcript content from my current active session. Any kore.ai api is there to take I used getmesseges and getsessions api from the document but in getsession sometimes empty content it is retrieving.

My requirements is when the bot does not know the answer for the question on that time I need to take that sessions user asked queriess only and need to do conversation summary. So please help me on that

Here are a few concepts that may apply to your situation and help guide you to a resolution:

• When the “bot does not know the answer” it will execute the default “Fallback Task”. This is where the conversation goes when an intent is not identified for a task or FAQ.

• You can modify the fallback task workflow to suit your needs or you can select a different dialog flow to execute when the intent is not identified. The setting for this can be found in Events>>Intent not Identified.

• If you want to know the last utterance the user entered, you can find that in the context variable - “context.NLAnalysis.userInput”. If the user asked a question that the bot did not understand, this variable will contain that question.

I do not believe the Conversation Summary API is required if you’re looking for input values in an active session. The bot has probably already captured what you need in a context variable OR you can set a custom variable to hold what you need using a Bot Action >> Script node. You may be making this more complicated than is necessary, but I can’t be sure without knowing your application.
I hope this helps.

2 Likes