Connection Nodes

Hi Kore AI Team,

I was planning to create a Chatbot which allow the customer pick the respective services which they need.

E.g.: This is the variable {{context.entities.ServiceOffered_Entity}} which contain the services can be offered by the ChatBot. Based upon the user selection value will be stored under {{context.entities.ServiceOffered_Entity}}

[Note: Loaded the value into entities as List of Item to store multiple value]

Download Bank Statement
Check Bank Account Balance
Customer Profile Update
Check Loan Request Status

Where I was facing the challenge on connection Nodes, even the condition looks correct to me i was not able call the respective Dialog Flow

Could anyone can help me to find what went wrong in connection node ?

Thanks in advance,
Jayavignesh G

Hi @jayavignesh.g1 ,

Thank you for reaching out to Kore.ai Community.

Could you please replace “contains” with “Equals To” and retry as shown below.

For more information on Adding IF-Else Conditions, please refer to the below documentation.

Please try and let us know if that works for you.

Thank you,
Srujan Madderla
Kore.ai Community Team

Hi @srujan.madderla,

Understood but my concerns is if it is working on Equal To then it should also work with Contains what I believe technically.

I hope that, it should be fixed.

Thanks in advance,
Jayavignesh G

The contains operation in a connection is really an array/object membership test, not a substring test.

“Does this entity value contain this value?”

Hi @andy.heydon,

Yes, it contain List of Item (Multiple) but during the runtime based upon the user selection the entity should contain only one value as per selection.

So, Both Contain & Equal To Operation Should work on this scenario.

Thanks in advance,
Jayavignesh G

If the entity is defined as a multi-item List of Items then its value will be an array of strings, even if one only choice was identified. In this case you will need to use, and can only use, “contains” to check for the presence of a value.
i.e. context will be:
{ "entities" : { "ServiceOffered_Entity" : [ "Download Bank Statement" ] } }

If the entity is not defined as multi-item then the value will be a simple string and you will need to use “equals” in a connection.
i.e. context will be:
{ "entities" : { "ServiceOffered_Entity" : "Download Bank Statement" } }

An equals test does not work with an array value, I presume your intention is that equals would mean that the array only contains a single value and that the value is X?
If so, those kinds of evaluations are best handled in script because of all the myriad of combinations that need to be handled and sequenced.

1 Like