Can't see context.form in bot action's data service request definition

Hello all,

I have added a digital form to an assistant that I am creating, as well as a dialogue task (submit details).
Within the dialogue task, I am looking to capture digital form details (dfSubmitDetails) into a data table (t_acct_details) using a bot action (BotAction0001) and the included service (addTableData).

The issue is when trying to define the Data Service Request Definition for the addTableData service, the values are not accepted for {{context.forms.fUserDetails.acctEmail}}, for example.

The context object appears to be missing the forms element entirely and I am unable to figure out why and how to correct this. I have been through the docs, videos, etc., for a couple of hours, at this point, as any good newbie would prior to posting here.

Hello @consulting :smiley:,

Welcome to Kore Community :clap:

Within the dialog we need to have a form node first, then after we extract the form data from the user response, we will have a bot action.

Within the Bot Action, we use a script node to first define the data to be passed to the Data Table API. Sometimes when testing the API in the node, you will have to enter the actual values instead of the placeholder. But in a real usecase the scenario will work with the placeholder.

Try to check out the below post and see if that helps your scenario.

Let us know if the issue persist.

Thank you for stopping by!!