Can we integrate third party speech to text API

Hello Team,

Is there any possibility of integrating 3rd party speech to text APIs (Watson Speech To Text API, Azure service) in Kore?

Thanks,
Karthik

Hey @karthik.nagulapally, yes we provide support for integrating 3rd party speech to text API’s into Kore. I will share the details soon on the How’s.

Thanks
Swathi

Thank you @swathi.vadlamani for the information. I will await for the details.

Thanks,
Karthik

@karthik.nagulapally We allow to integrate any third party apis into our web sdk. And this involves a good amount of work. Every API has a different set of payloads and we should design to support the respective payloads given. There is no way direct way to just provide a URL to integrate into our kore platform. You can download our web sdk and integrate the API’s if you want to.
Currently we support google API and just want to understand the need for new speech to text API. Do you see any strong reason for using watson or azure service, instead of google API? If you can provide use cases or reasons on why you’d prefer these over google API, then we might look forward for possible synergies here and take it forward with Product management.

Thanks
Swathi

@swathi.vadlamani Reason for looking at Watson is, we have subscribed for Watson’s Speech to test service and using the same in other projects. Thats the reason why I asked for the feasibility of integration.

Thank you so much for the information you provide.

Thanks,
Karthik

Great, thanks for the details @karthik.nagulapally. We will definitely weigh pros and cons of watson api and take it forward from there.

Thanks
Swathi

How to integrate third party (google) speech to text API in web SDK

Please use our web sdk and uncomment a few lines as shown.

1 Like

Also at our documentation for websdk, please refer to section 5..
As it refers to key.js, you will be required to update the Google API Key there.

Thanks for Information. It worked @swagata.sengupta