How to message a Workplace user mentioned in a bot

Hello,

We have a use case that is based on the following:

• A user creates a task using a bot and the bot asks who to assign it to
  • That user mentions another user (also on Workplace)
  • The bot assigns the created task and notifies the mentioned user

Based on this case, I have the following question:

1. Can Kore.AI be configured to send a message to a user mentioned during a dialog task? If so, can you please describe how?

Thank you in advance for any help or insight you can provide!

Hi @javier,

Sending a message from the chatbot to a user in between a conversation is possible by using external services.

If you would like to send a message/email using an external service, then you can use a service node after collecting the user email as per the second step in your scenario through an entity node.

Then send an email/message using the external service. There are many 3rd party services available which would allow you to send an email/message.

https://developer.kore.ai/docs/bots/bot-builder/develop/dialog-tasks/working-with-the-service-node/

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Hi @yogaramya.mendu,

Thank you so much for your response. This is helpful to know.

To clarify, we are not interested in sending an email to a user mentioned. We’d like to send a message through the same Kore.ai bot the other user was communicating with.

Here’s a more specific set of steps to illustrate our intention:

• A Workplace User A communicates with a Standard Bot in Kore.ai
  • The Bot asks the User A to mention another Workplace User B
  • The Bot starts a chat (in Workplace) with mentioned User B

Please let me know if you need more details to investigate!

Hi @yogaramya.mendu,

Following up to see if you have any thoughts on my last question. Thank you!

Hi @javier,

We apologize for the delay.

Currently, there is no direct provision to achieve this requirement.

We will need to check for an alternative to achieve the scenario. We are unable to test the alternative solutions on the Workplace by Facebook due to an issue.

As of now, there is an issue at the platform level where newly integrated bots does not respond in the Workplace chat. This has been fixed for the upcoming version which is scheduled in the second quarter of 2019.

We will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.

Thank you for getting back to me on this @yogaramya.mendu. I’ll look forward to the new platform update and possible alternatives once you have the fixed version in place.

I am assuming that you’ll continue investigation until I hear further.

@javier,

Thank you for understanding our concern.

We will surely check and get back to you.

Regards,
Yoga Ramya.