Entity Connections - Dynamically specify which node to transition to

Hi there,

Current bot configuration assumes that node transition is static.
Based on data available in context, we add if/else block to define transition.

I have a requirement to make node transition dynamic. I do not want to add if/else block.
Instead I want to specify next default node to traverse to dynamically.

Is there any way to achieve it?

Regards,
Neha Sheikh

Hi @nehamsheikh ,
Well, the transition conditions need not just be based data available in the context. Below are some other ways by which transition can happen to a node.

Using Bot Variables : Data present at bot variables (env. (or) <content.variablename> which gets picked during the run time. However, bot variables are read only and cannot be updated or created in the runtime). Please refer to the below link for more details.
https://developer.kore.ai/docs/bots/bot-builder/publishing-tasks/exporting-and-importing-a-bot/defining-system-variables/

Using Manage Interruptions: Exit Behavior: In certain use cases, wherein the current task is interrupted with a specific task and while resuming to the on-hold task, he need to jump to a specific node of the on-hold task, the Manage Interruptions feature can come in handy. Please refer to the below link for more details:

https://developer.kore.ai/docs/bots/bot-builder/editing-an-existing-bot/advanced-bot-settings/interruption-handling-context-switching-intents/

Can you please help with this query?

Hi @Subrahmanyam,

We are having a requirement to make the highlighted drop down field value to be populated dynamically in the run time depending on the marked field’s value (e.g. 1) which is also a dynamic field.

Is there any way to achieve it?

bot

Regards,
Neha Sheikh

@nehamsheikh , The transition condition rule cannot be applied to validate against a dynamic value.
However, the usecase can still be achieved by using a script node to create a context variable and have some value for it based on logic and then apply a connection rule on the context variable.

Please refer to the below example:

In this example, we are collecting 2 entity values from user and if they both match, we are creating a context variable at script node (dynamic) to have the value as “1”.

Now we have configured the connection rule to transition to two different message nodes based on the value at the variable “dynamic”

Below are the screenshots for run time execution of the dialog

Hi @Subrahmanyam,

Thanks for the reply.
I have already written this logic for dynamic traversal.
Only issue I find here is I have ‘n*10’ nodes to be considered for dynamic traversal. So JS validation to loop through if else block takes time .

Regards,
Neha Sheikh

@nehamsheikh We understand your concern here. We will consider this as a requirement for internal evaluation and inclusion for upcoming releases.

1 Like